Five Reasons to Reclaim the Chapel
November 14, 2016
1) The chapel has been our spiritual home in the woods for over 50 years. The history in this place is amazing. Generations of campers have worshiped and prayed here. Many have accepted Christ here, or heard a call into ministry.
2) The chapel building is beautiful! Visitors from other camps have told us how much they would love a worship space like this. As they say, they just don't build like this anymore. Our building is unique, and the window is an image we recognize.
3) The chapel is in a great location. Because the dining hall is on the far west side of camp, we need a gathering location that serves the east side of camp. If we're going to make full use of this building, we need to make the space more flexible. Adding seating and other program options could make this the hub of camp activities!
4) The chapel has no running water. And the closest bathroom is a 5-minute walk. Adding bathroom facilities here will greatly improve the chapel's ability to serve the needs of all of our campers. A bathroom here would also serve the beach and low-ropes areas.
5) On Giving Tuesday, 11.29.16, your gift will be matched, doubling your impact!